Thursday, June 20, 2013

Booklist

If you click on the video link you will find a little video that is currently on top
called "The Last Bookstore"  It will take you about 20 minutes to watch and it is worth the time.  It is well done and it speaks to an interesting idea.  All books are now electronic or computer interactive.  A little boy has to quit "reading" because of a "glitch" and discovers the only bookstore left.  He does not know what books are. There are no more books, no libraries, etc. This will never happen.  I have a Kindle and I love the convenience of being able to carry a lot of books with me on a little screen.  I also continue to purchase books and nothing will ever replace that.

It is true that there are fewer bookstores and more and more books are being sold by Amazon and other large retailers.  But they are selling books and some of us prefer them.  My reading tastes are eclectic.  I read a little of everything.  Some of my friends seem to read just one type of book but I range from fact to fiction. A little bit of this and a little bit of that.

A listing of some of the books I have read this year - all are linked so you can read about them. * is recommended.

*Thomas Jefferson; The Art of Power by Don Meacham

*1491: New Revelations of the Americas Before Columbus by Charles C. Mann

*The Origins of Freemasonry - Scotland's Century 1590- 1710 by David Stevenson
*Following Atticus by Tom Ryan

I'll go Home then; It's Warm and Has Chairs - The Unpublished  E-Mails - David Thorne

Stolen Crown: The Secret Marriage that Forever Changed the Fate of England - Susan Higginbottom

Her Highness, the Traitor by Susan Higginbottom

The Devil Colony: A Sigma Force Novel by James Rollins

Proportionate Response by Dave Buschi

The Forgotten by David Baldacci

The Rosewell Conspiracy Tyler Locke #3 by Brad Morrison

The Racketeer by John Grisham

*The Blood Gospel by James Rollins and Rebecca Cantree

The Janus Stone by Elly Griffiths

A Small Furry Prayer, Dog Rescue and the Meaning of Life by Steven Kolter

*Witchlight by Marian Zimmer Bradley

The Inner Circle by Brad Mellzer

Six Years by Harlan Coben

Book of Souls (Will Piper) by Glenn Cooper

*Archangels - Rise of the Jesuits by Janet Tavakali

The Hit (Will Robie) by David Baldacci

The Divinity of Dogs by Jennifer Skiff

Raised Eyebrows: My Years inside Groucho's House by Steve Stoliar

The Sound of Broken Glass by Deborah Crombe

The Fifth Assassin by Brad Meltzer

*Inferno (A Novel)  by Dan Brown

The Fifth Knight by E. M Powell

**Elmer Gantry by Upton Sinclair

The Tudor Plit: A Cotton Malone Novella by Steve Berry

*The King's Deception A Cotten Malone Novel by Steve Berry

And I am currently reading The Fourth Gospel: Tales of a Jewish Mystic by John Shelby Spong.

I got some of them towards the end of the year last year so I have not read them all this year but since I got the Kindle these are the ones I have read.

No comments: