Tuesday, June 4, 2013

And so it goes..

I didn't find much to share this week - just this wonderful story about Sir Patrick Stewart  - Turns out he is a really nice man.  Who knew? Do go and read it if you haven't already.  I have seen it in about five places.

What is is Garrison Keeler says about "It's been a busy week here in Lake Woebegone?"  I have been driving my sister around as her van was down at Indianola getting fixed.  She had me drive out to her place, pick her up and take her where she needed to go and then I had to take Bruce back to her apartment. He had to go along because he has to lift her in and out of my car which is not handicap accessible.  Hers has a ramp and she can roll her wheelchair in and out and transfer to the driver's seat and drive using hand controls. Here is the route.                                                                                               I live here.
She lives here
She works about half way in between and it takes me about 20 minutes to get to her place depending on the stop lights and the traffic.  So that has been a twice a day duty.  Not that I mind doing it but it just takes time.  Then I added the two Masonic Meetings on Friday and Saturday and large chunks of time were no longer available.

The on Saturday I found out my camera was dying and there was no way I was going to get it fixed.  So I decided that I would stop at Costco on my way back from taking Bruce to get her car.  I also decided that we would go earlier in the day so it would not come out of the middle of the day and screw up the entire day.  So I picked up Bruce (Bruce is Ginny's "fellow" they have been together for several years and I am glad she has him because I would not be able to lift her.)

After I dropped him off I went to Costco and got gas (I was running on fumes $67.00) then I went in and looked at the cameras and decided I would get another Lumix. I am pleased with it.  My other one was larger but this is nice and will fit in my pocket and it takes good pictures.
I had to charge it up and when I pushed what I thought was the on button nothing happened.  I called the company and the lady who helped me discover what I was doing wrong. (It helps to push the correct button, Judy)  so I got it on and began to take pictures


 Of course the first picture was of Lady Mollie and doesn't she look sweet.  She is so patient.  I am really going to hate leaving her at the doggie camp when I am gone this summer.
This camera will do a panorama

and it has a zoom so I could take a picture of Jon's praire garden which I would like to be able to go out and see but have not done so yet.

When I was purchasing my $67 worth of gas an older gentleman pulled up behind me to get gas and was talking on his cell phone as he drove up.  (I of course, had my blue tooth in so I could drive with both hands.  (superior snarl) and thought nasty thoughts about him if he bumped my car because he was close.)   He saw my Obama/Biden bumper sticker on the car and said, "I'll bet you are real proud of him now."  I said yes I was. Then I saw a large gold ring on his hand and asked him if he were a Mason.  He was and kindly informed me that he was a 32° Mason. I said I was a 32° KCCH and pointed to the emblem on my tail light.  He said he had seen it.  I said (with a grin on my face) that I would not discuss politics with him as I assumed he was of the other party.  We did anyway and had a nice chat and I got him to admit that he wished for the days when men like Eisenhower ran the party. He did not have nice things to say about Reagan.  His wife was in the car with a long-suffering look.  I told him I was a Democrat because as a teacher the Democrats were the only party that ever did anything for education.

He mentioned that his wife had been a 4th grade teacher for 37 years. (turns out it was 47 years plus 5 years of subbing) - He said she was a Republican also since she had married him. I went over to give her my sympathy... she whispered that she was still a Democrat. I sort of got the idea that she has to put up with this sort of thing all the time. He was a businessman and had car dealerships.  Mentioned that Reagen almost ruined him. It was kind of fun to visit with him but I know he is still shaking his head as I am and as I am sure his wife is.  

Oh the best thing is that while I was talking with her there little dog bounced up from the back seat. It was a Yorkshire Terrier.  Made me miss Bailey but I didn't tell Molly..

Ginny asked me how I spelled Molly.  I told her Mollie when she was Lady Mollie and Molly when she was just being Molly.  Thanks for stopping by. Hugz

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

rather a cordial conversation - most folks in political dialogue these days shout and call names rather.