Thursday, August 8, 2013

Where to eat


One of my favorite pastimes use to be eating out.  I enjoyed going out to eat with one or two friends and until my unfortunate 6 month hiatus from being allowed to drive I used to do it frequently.  I go to movies by myself but kind of prefer eating out with others.  It seems like forever since I have done so.  I don't count the trips out after Lodge because there are more than three people there and I prefer a smaller number.

Anyway I thought I would share some of the restaurants I like to go to and some I want to go to in today's post.  I will link to them so you can visit their web site to check them out further.

 DJANGO
Django is a comfortable, brasserie-style restaurant offering everything you love about French cuisine without the attitude. The restaurant features classic French dishes such as Steak Frites and Duck Cassoulet, as well as fresh salads, Corsican pizzas and juicy hamburgers made with house-ground beef.

Located in the Hotel Ft. Des Moines the only drawback is that it is somewhat noisy but the food has always been delicious.

 Sam and Gabe's - this used to be my favorite place to eat. I enjoyed the food and the atmosphere.  Unfortunately according to a review in the Des Moines Register things seem to have slipped. Sam & Gabe's Italian Bistro  8631 Hickman Road  Urbandale, IA 50322

Centro  - I enjoy this restaurant.  It has a nice ambiance and always friendly waitstaff.  The food is always delicious.  It is located in the old Masonic Temple building.

Sbrocco is a Wine bar and restaurant in the Court Ave area of Des Moines.  I like to go there for the appetizers and wine.

The Continental 428 East Locust in the East Village is a great place to go for lunch.  I have been there several times and really enjoyed it.

Zombie Bar and Drink Lab also in the East Village this time at 300 East Grand.  I do not go here with others because it is loud but it is kind of funky and they have a lot of different burgers so I have been known to stop for a burger after a meeting.

Dos Rios' Cantina is a faux Mexican place but it is pretty good and if the weather is nice you can sit on the patio and enjoy watching the people walk by.  It is in the Court Ave. Area.

Jethro's BBQ and Steakhouse in the Drake Area is a great place to go but again it is loud with the college crowd having fun but that is enjoyable also and the food is to die for.

There are four places I have not been to that I really want to try they are:

Flying Mango on Hickman.

801 Chophouse. - I have heard a lot about this place but have never gone there.  probably outside my budget limits.

Americana - 1312 Locust

Proof - 1301 Locust



I will talk about Ames places next week.  

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

I enjoy eating out too - particularly if the place as more than the usual entrees.