Sunday, August 18, 2013

Sunday

 “All people smile in the same language.” ~Ancient Proverb
 When you choose to see the good in others, you end up finding the good in yourself.




“Standing on the bare ground,--my head bathed by the blithe air and uplifted into infinite space,--all mean egotism vanishes. I become a transparent eyeball; I am nothing; I see all; the currents of the Universal Being circulate through me; I am part or parcel of God.”


― Ralph Waldo Emerson, Nature and Selected Essays



Happiness is not determined by what’s happening around you, but rather what’s happening inside you. Most people depend on others to gain happiness, but the truth is, it always comes from within.



Great Spirit Prayer by Yellow Hawk, Sioux Chief


Oh, Great Spirit, whose voice I hear in the wind, whose breath gives life to all the world. Hear me; I need your strength and wisdom. Let me walk in beauty, and make my eyes ever behold the red and purple sunset. Make my hands respect the things you have made and my ears sharp to hear your voice make me wise so that I may understand the things you have taught my people.

dna testing, dna ancestry testing, ancestry, genealogy, indian genealogy records, paternity testing, turquoise jewelry, native american jewelry
Help me to remain calm and strong in the face of all that comes towards me. Let me learn the lessons you have hidden in every leaf and rock. Help me seek pure thoughts and act with the intention of helping others. Help me find compassion without empathy overwhelming me. I seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy – Myself. Make me always ready to come to you with clean hands and straight eyes. So when life fades, as the fading sunset, my spirit may come to you without shame.


Happiness is not the absence of problems but the ability to deal with them.

~Steve Maraboli



A gift consists not in what is done or given, but in the intention of the giver or doer.

~Lucius Annaeus Seneca



If you can solve your problem, then what is the need of worrying? If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying?"

~Shantideva



“The difference between misery and happiness depends on what we do with our attention.”

~Sharon Salzberg

We must not, in trying to think about how we can make a big difference, ignore the small daily differences we can make.
~Marian Wright Edelman (born June 6, 1939) is an American activist for the rights of children. She is president and founder of the Children's Defense Fund.

No comments: