Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Wednesday


Sometime ago my nephew's dog, Miles jumped up on my leather recliner and broke the footrest. Brandon was able to fix it and it lasted for a long time.

The other day Molly decided in a fit of joy to JUMP up on me and this time the footrest could not be fixed. Brandon came over and tried.  The old recliner was out on the back porch so he brought that in and it doesn't work either.  The foot rest will not go up.

It is difficult since it is not only my chair but my bed.  I sleep in it because my shoulder that I fell on does not allow me to sleep in a bed.  So I brought out a foot stool and was able to finally able to sleep that way.

Today I went over to Boone and purchased a new Lazy Boy.  Funny thing it is the same fabric as the oldest chair. I was able to have them separate it and put it in the back of my Denali.  Brandon could not come over to get it out of the car and mount in on its platform (It needs to be higher than normal or I can't get out of it because I have trouble with low chairs.) tonight as his family is flying in from California so I will have one more night in the old one but he will come tomorrow and fix it for me.  He can do anything.

In the meantime my leg was swollen today. I think it was because I did not have my legs elevated as much as usual. Oh well.

Molly does not understand why she cannot climb up and sleep on me. I am not sure I will be able to let her up on the new one....what do you think? I think I would miss not having her up there.

No comments: