Monday, November 14, 2011

For Today - in lieu of Miles on Monday

Miles didn't make it over this week-end so in lieu of that I present this picture from The Christian Left and a few thoughts:

I don't know why but this picture is particularly moving to me.  I can remember when I was a senior in high school we went on our class trip to New York City and as part of the trip we visited the Bowery and Skid Row.  There were men nestled up in doorways, dirty and most of them with a bottle.  I had never seen anything like this.  Also as  l looked up at the sky I saw (and I can still see it) flakes of soot and dirt floating down from the gray sky.  That was in 1959 and I was 17 years old.  It is a memory that has stayed with me.

When I see this picture it comes back to me and I note the one thing that is different.  This man has a dog. He has unconditional love in his life. So tonight as I write this I send out my thoughts to those who do not have enough in this life and I wish for all in this world to have things just a little bit better and I am thankful for those who have dogs in their lives and for those who care for the dogs who have been abandoned and harmed by uncaring humans.  If you want to read about some of them check out Hearts United.  A no-kill shelter near Omaha and perhaps send them a little donation.


On Sunday I observed the 70th Anniversary of my Birth.  I stayed home and started a new book (having finished the other one at 3:30 in the morning)  and watched TV and thought about things.  Things I do not wish to share.  I slept a lot because I have a little bug.  Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

I am also grateful for Bailey and the little over 15 years he has been a part of my life.  Hugs to all.  Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

that is a heart breaking photo.