Sunday, November 27, 2011

Week-end update

Yesterday I took Amy, Lee and Aiden to the airport and then I went to Costco.  I didn't spend much money but did get some breakfast bars so that (breakfast) is taken care of for the next couple of months.  Then I went out to Johnston to go to the movie.  I was going to go to the movie at Jordan Creek but the parking lot was rather full so I left.

Hugo is  Martin Scorsese's first 3-D movie. Set in 1930s Paris, an orphan who lives in the walls of a train station is wrapped up in a mystery involving his late father and an automaton.  - It moved a little slow at times but was mostly enchanting and a delight to watch.  I don't usually care for 3-D movies but Sorsese did a masterful job with it and it was not intrusive on the story but fit right in.  


The film is an homage to Georges Méliès  It is well worth watching and by the way I found the theater experience much better than the Cinemark Theater in Ames.  Not only was it cleaner but there were plenty of people to wait on you.  I even noticed that the theater had at least two young people in wheel chairs as employees.  I am always glad to see that since I have a sister in a wheel chair and am well aware of how difficult it is for people in a wheel chair to get a job.    I recommend the film and the theater in Johnston.

My dishwasher died so I am getting a new one. I hope it is soon as I had to actually wash dishes by hand today.  My hands are clean and my glasses are also but I am still not finished.  Hopefully I will get the new one tomorrow. That plus the repair from my Lazy-boy which broke.

This morning I slept through the alarm and slept until 11:30 -  Can't do that tomorrow as I have a meeting in Altoona at 10:00.  Thanks for stopping by. Hugs, j

No comments: