Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Ginny - This N' that

My sister had her picture taken at the church she attends.  It is a pretty nice picture so I wanted to share it.  Ginny is 10 years younger than I am.

9 years ago on September 15 she was in a horrific car accident which put her in a wheelchair.  It has been a long time but with the help of a friend who lives with her she manages pretty well.  She went to Community College and got a degree but has not been able to find a job so she is dependent upon Social Security Disability.  She volunteers at the Reiman Gardens and the Red Rock Center and keeps active with animal welfare and friends.

She is a talented writer and I just wish she had a better opportunity in this economy to have a decent job.  In the meantime I am glad she is back in Ames after living in Kansas City for a while and we can have lunch once in awhile.



My days and nights are mixed up again.  Last night (between Monday and Tuesday) I  woke up around 2:00 am and could not go back to sleep so I picked up the John Grisham Novel I was reading and it was about 5:30 before I put it down.  I woke up again at 9:00 and checked the things I read on the Internets and then finished the book and went back to sleep.

In the book a young lawyer leaves his firm and goes to a bar for the day and gets plastered and winds up in a law firm of ambulance chasers made up of two lawyers a secretary and a dog who lives in the office.  He joins their firm and the story is about a class action suit against a big drug company.

I enjoy Grisham's books and this was no exception.  It is well written if somewhat more predictable than his other books but enjoyable none-the-less.

I am really tired after the week-end.  I had to sit on the stage for hours waiting to give a two minute report at Grand Chapter, OES.  I really think I will pass the next time I am supposed to do that.

I think I am fighting a head cold.. or something. Perhaps that is why I am not sleeping right. I am also fighting scabs on my face again.  This time on the lower part.  I am putting the cream on my cheeks to make sure I do not get skin cancer.  So I do not want to be seen in public right now.  Unfortunately I will have to be starting Thursday as I have activities Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  Maybe that will give me something interesting to blog about.  Thanks for stopping by. Hugs, j

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Ginny is lovely
I too wish she could find a job that she enjoyed but she sure does sound like a person who makes the most of things
I admire that

Hope you feel better