Tuesday, November 29, 2011

"Teddy Bear," the porcupine, doesn't like to share...


Teddy is making the rounds.  My sister had him on Facebook and I have seen him in several places.  He is adorable.  

Monday was a busy day.  I had to go down to Altoona for a meeting.  While I was there I filled up with gas which was 15 cents a gallon cheaper than the gas in Ames. I came home after the meeting and had a yoghurt and then worked on a form letter to send some checks out that the Lodge had voted to spend to help with Charity projects.  I set up an Excell spreadsheet to fill in the names, addresses, amounts and then wrote the letter using a mail merge function and when I printed them each was individual for the recipient.  I then could write the checks, generate labels for the envelopes and mail the checks. I don't know that it was efficient as I had to do some learning to do it but once I got things set up it was really slick.  Worked like magic.

Speaking of magic.  I don't know how they do it but my cell phone has a navigator function.  All I had to do was type in the address of the place I was going and hit the button and the phone found the Satellite and gave me step by step directions on getting to the Lodge Hall in Altoona.  I had printed out a map from "Get Directions" on Google Maps and I don't know how they work either but it is wonderful to live in an era when we have so much available to make our lives easier.

Speaking of easier - Brandon came over and fixed my recliner and the dishwasher.  I was afraid that I was going to have to purchase a new dishwasher but Brandon fixed it.  He is so good.  I really appreciate the fact that Su told me about him and he my go-to guy for everything.  He remodeled my bathroom when we moved in here and built the ramps so Ginny would be able to roll in and out after she got into the wheel chair.  He built the porch on the back where I can spend some time during Spring, Summer and Autumn.  and if anything goes wrong around the place he will take care of it.  Everybody should have a Brandon in their lives.

The recliner is back and I sat in it this evening and promptly fell asleep.  So I woke up around 10:00 and was thankful that I had DVD'ed them so I could watch them.   Miles has settled back into the routine and I am getting more exercise by getting up and down to let him in and out.  It is nice to have him here.  

Have a wonderful Tuesday.  Thanks for stopping by. ARWYA  - Hugs

1 comment:

John said...

Yep, that porcupine is cute as a button—but I'll betcha you wouldn't think so if you got up in the middle of the night and accidentally stepped on his tail!