Wednesday, November 16, 2011

School Stories

One of my students (former) posted this on Facebook. It reminded of her of what I used to do when a student would complain about something. I would start this little verse that someone taught me:

Your story has touched my heart
The tears are about to start
I have in my pocket a miniature violin
(at this point I would rub my forefinger and thumb together) 
Nhu nhu nhu na hah,,

That sometimes made them laugh and we went on from there.

Sex Education - 
Always a fun time.  When I taught at Roosevelt School, the other teacher taught Science so he had the sex education unit to teach.  One time after the unit a couple of boys (who happened to be cousins) came up to him to ask a couple of more questions.  (This was out on the playground) 
One of the boys asked if there was ever a time when the woman could not get pregnant,  
He said that they were being serious and so he said that during the time of menstruation the egg wasn't there to be fertilized.
Cousin one asked "What happens then?"
Without missing a beat Cousin two answered, "You get a lot of practice!"

Spelling Lesson needed

Again later when I was teaching Sex Education I wondered just how much the students already knew. So I devised a plan.  I got a bunch of Blue Books that the College students use for written exams,  I had several questions which I had the students answer.  One of them was "What is sexual intercourse?"  

My favorite answer which indicated that we needed more spelling lessons was this:

"It is when the man puts his pennies in the woman's Virginia.  



Thanks for stopping by, Have a great Wednesday - We are halfway to the week-end.

1 comment:

Dianne said...

I love the last poster!!
that never ocurred to me
we even had to proof read, no spell check
I remember stacks of research volumes at the library
good times