Saturday, November 19, 2011

Saturday Sojourn

 I went to Polk City for their Eastern Star Beef and Noodle dinner and sale today.  The first bite of the noodles was worth the drive down  .  Comfort food.  And I had a piece of mince meat pie.  YUMMY!

After I left the dinner I drove to Des Moines. To get there I had to cross the mile long bridge  (The picture above is stolen from somewhere and the link will take you to a video of someone riding their bike across the bridge.)  The Bridge has a posted speed limit of 35 MPH and I was (for a change) following the speed limit.  You can see the no passing yellow line.  I WAS PASSED.  A car felt that he could not stay behind me for the two minutes it would take to cross the bridge and so he passed me
I had my camera with me and kept him in sight the rest of the way into Des Moines.  I caught up to him at a stop light and the next picture is the result.  You can see he is from out of state so perhaps they don't follow the same traffic rules in Nevada as we do in Iowa.  


I went on into Des Moines and believe me he was not the only asshat driving today.  I went to Letter Perfect and got my 2012 pocket calendar and then drove down to The Varsity Theater near Drake and went to see The Way.  An excellent film and I always enjoy the Varsity experience.  The price of the ticket is reasonable ($5 matinee) and I had a pop corn (small) and diet pepsi for $3.80.  Not only that but the lady behind the counter carried them to my seat for me as I have difficulty with steps.  The theater itself is large and reminds me of theaters of a by-gone era.  Just pleasant all the way round.  Not at all line going to Cinemax.
Jon stopped by earlier this week and I snapped a couple of shots of him which I had not shared.  I asked him about the facial hair and go the response - "It is Movember"   I kind of like it.
I may go down to Waveland Park for their Breakfast tomorrow. It has been a long time.  I am also planning on seeing Amy and Lee and their son at my Aunt Jo's  They are here for Thanksgiving. After a week of busy, busy, busy I have nothing on my calendar next week except Thanksgiving and that will be a mob scene.  I hear there are 26 people coming to dinner.

No comments: