Sunday, November 6, 2011

St Ignatius Conclave - Cedar Falls

There are two Conclaves of the Red Cross of Constantine in Iowa. Yesterday (Saturday) was the Annual Meeting of St. Ignatius Conclave which has it Charter in Cedar Rapids but met in Cedar Falls this year.
Freddie and Glenn are really great friends.  We travelled to National Meetings many times together.  Next Summer I am hoping they will go to North Carolina with me.  It is more fun to travel with them.  Glenn was Intendant General for Iowa and when he retired he recommended me for the position.  He is now a Past Intendent General and that makes him a P.I.G.  which stands for Pretty Interesting Guy.
There was a wedding reception at the Hotel where we had our meeting and this was the Bride.  I snapped this on the way to the Banquet and when the Banquet was over I noticed that she and her friends were still standing in roughly the same area- still talking. Below are some pictures from the Banquet.


Friendly group


Champagne toast to the ladies





Don is the new Sovereign for the Conclave.

It was the first place I had gone for about 4 days and I needed to get out of the house.  I had a good time and the new car was a wonder to drive. The extra hour of sleep last night was worth it.  I picked Bailey up because it was chilly and I wanted his warm body - He was shivering a little but he snuggled in and slept all night with me,  He doesn't get much enjoyment out of life right now but he seemed  to like snuggling up next to me.  I know I loved holding him. 

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great week - Hugs.  j

No comments: