...the Government of the United States, which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance, requires only that they who live under its protection should demean themselves as good citizens in giving it on all occasions their effectual support. Geo. Washington Feb. 22, 1732



Thursday, January 31, 2013

Just Because

Just Because it is cold outside and I don't like the snow and ice and crummy Iowa winter. I want to remember what it was like a few months ago around here and to give me something to look forward to some pictures I took around here along with some pithy statements I have collected.  Just because..

 If you would lift me you must be on higher ground - 

 Emerson

 He who is sure of himself is deeply willing to let others be themselves -
 J. L. Liebman

 We enjoy thoroughly only the pleasure that we give. 

 Alexander Dumas

 The lion is not so fierce as he is painted - Thomas Fuller

 Animals are such agreeable friends - 
They ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.  
George Eliot

Do you think you are a mistake, just because you made one?
Hugh Prather

3 comments:

Dianne said...

I love the path in the 2nd shot!
and the wildflowers are beautiful!!

Just because is always a good reason

hugs from me and Hope

kenju said...

Beautiful photos and scenery!

Bob Kelly said...

I love the Hollyhock photo and the comment from Hugh Prather. I am anxioius to see Hollyhocks again this summer when it is very warm!