Thursday, January 24, 2013

Reading - My new toy

The poster has nothing at all to do with what I am going to write.  I just like it.

I was wondering about what I could write about today and I decided to list some of the books I have read this month.

I have a Kindle which I fought getting but finally broke down and got it.

I love it.

There is nothing like reading from a book but the convenience of the Kindle is wonderful.  I can slip it in my pocket and take it anywhere.  Of course I used to take books anywhere also but the Kindle is so much easier than lugging around a large book.  And I can adjust the size of the print and the brightness of the page.  So here goes with the Kindle Booklist

The Origins of Freemasonry - Scotland's Century 1570 - 1710 by David Stevenson
[I found that this book gave me some insights into the shrouded origins of Freemasonry.  It goes past the mythology and gave me actual facts. I recommend it to anyone who is interested in our Fraternity]
I was watching Bill Moyers one Sunday and he had Jon Meacham on it and they were talking about Thomas Jefferson, The Art of Power.  I went to Amazon and had it on my Kindle before the interview was over

Following Atticus (P.S.) by Tom Ryan
[I laughed and I cried as I read this heartwarming book about a man and the dog he followed through the White Mountains. One of the best books I have read this year]

I'll Go Home Then; It's Warm and Has Chairs - The Unpublished E-Mails by Dave Thorne
[Dave Thorne's quirky humor never fails to entertain me]

Stolen Crown, the Secret Marriage that Forever Changed the Fate of England ...

Her Highness, the Traitor     both by Susan Higginbottom

[Susan Higginbottom does a marvelous job in describing the Medieval court and the machinations that always go on around the crown]

The Devil Colony: A Sigma Force Novel by James Rollins

[A fantastic story that goes from mummified remains of pre-Indian people to Ft. Knox to volcanos this is an entertaining adventure that kept me on the edge of my seat.]

Propotionate Response by Dave Buschi

[A page turner -  "A mysterious threat, known as Client 487, is intent on planting seeds of dissent that will dismantle our very way of life."

The Forgotten by David Baldacci

[I loved this book.  Fast paced, "the palm trees and sandy beaches of Paradise (FL) may hide a conspiracy so shocking that some will go to unthinkable lengths to make sure the truth is never revealed."

The Roswell Conspiracy, (Tyler Lucke 3) & Boyd Morrison

[Another action book In a desperate race against time, Tyler must unmask a conspiracy a century in the making to rescue the United States from electronic Armageddon.]

The Racketeer by John Grisham
[Grisham always entertains me.  I love the twists, turns and surprises at the ending.  "Nothing is as it seems and everything’s fair game in this wickedly clever new novel from John Grisham, the undisputed master of the legal thriller."]

The Blood Gospel by James Rollins and Rebecca Cantrell

[This is one of my favorites.. Immortals, Religion, Vampires and a Mad Monk and it (best of all) is the start of a series so I can't wait until the next one comes out.]

Currently I am reading The Inner Circle which will be followed by The Fifth Assassin by Brad Meltzer and then I will read Paul and Jesus by James Tabor.

I was actually going to read The Fifth Assassin when I discovered that it was the second book with the same hero so I got The Inner Circle.  And the nice thing about that was that it was only a couple of bucks.  I am right in the middle of that so I will get back to it now.

No comments: