Saturday, January 19, 2013

Something Yummy for Saturday

 I made a Banana Nut bread from the family cookbook and it was really not very good.  Perhaps the Banana's were overripe or some other reason.  Anyway my friend and Brother Tom Dean sent me his recipe for Banana Bread and I will try it.  I have the ingredients, just need the motivation.

Since I wrote the above I did make the bread and it is much better than the other bread I had made. The only deviation from the recipe below is that I added some chopped walnuts to it. 

You can tell that there is a sliver gone from the left loaf. Molly liked it also,


Tom Dean’s Banana Bread




Ingredients:
6 TBLSPs of butter, softened
1 C.  Brown Sugar
½ Cup Sugar
3 ripe bananas, mashed well
1 C Sour Cream or plain yogurt
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp almond flavoring
2 eggs
¼ tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
2 ¼ C. flour
Directions:  Cream butter, brown sugar and sugar.  Stir in bananas,
sour cream, vanilla, and almond flavoring.  Beat in eggs, one at a time
until well incorporated.  Sift in salt, baking soda and flour.

Divide batter among two bread pans that have been sprayed with cooking spray.  Bake at 300 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.

Makes two loaves.

No comments: