Thursday, November 14, 2013

Toad Tales

I love this weather.  It is cool and not yet cold.  The light today was wonderful.  I wish I had taken some pictures of the oak trees at the corner of Franklin and Oakland.  They were stunning.

The reason I was out there (twice) is that Ginny was having car trouble and I needed to go out and pick her up and take her to work and then go out and get her and bring her home.  Bruce has to ride along so he can lift her in and out of the car and then put her wheelchair in the back end of the car.  I am glad to do it but it does mean that I have to get dressed, something I am loath to do.  Molly enjoys it as she gets to ride along.  I really don't have anything to write about but Bob Kelly is sending some more photos which I will put into posts and schedule one for 8:00 AM and another for 2:00.  So be sure to come back to see them.  They are some elk and moose which he photographed on his trip to Colorado.  I am lucky that he shares them with us.  I enjoy putting them up as he is a wonderful photographer and it makes my blog a destination.

There is a reason I don't celebrate my birthday.  I just decided after being disappointed with it too many times to just skip it.  I was planning on celebrating my birthday a couple of years ago by going to a play at Stagewest with a couple of friends.  I had purchased tickets for us and about two days (or so) before the play I got an e-mail from one of them saying that they would not be going to the play with me because they had to go to a birthday party for someone. To say that I was disappointed is an understatement and it kind of took the fun out of birthdays.  So I stopped planning on celebrating them.  Now I just let them happen and I don't make a big deal out of them. I appreciate the cards and notes I get all the more and I did get some. The only one that was annoying was a note I got asking me to donate to a charity that buys books for kids in schools in Ames.  I am sure it is a good charity but I have no money to give right now.  Too many other places to go and I thought that using a begging circular to wish me a Happy Birthday was rather tacky.  Enough grousing.  I will probably get shot down for it.  But WTF it IS my blog and if I want to bitch I can. Besides it is now off my chest and I don't have to worry about it again.

This is a picture of my antique lamp and some things on the table with it.

The nightlight on the table in front of the lamp was the birthday gift from my sister.  Ginny always knows things that I like and this is really nice.  I no longer have to wake up and stumble in the dark to the bathroom and when I am watching TV the ambient light from it is very nice.  the little statue under the dome is one my Aunt Ellen found when she was a girl - in the trash that someone had thrown away. She brought it home and gave it to my grandmother and it has come down to me.  It is perfect.  I love it and have enjoyed it for years. The polar bear seemed to go with the nightlight because the nightlight kind of looks like an iceberg.  I do enjoy my "stuff"


I have been keeping the Dog Rules for awhile to share.  I hope you enjoy them.



No comments: