Thursday, May 22, 2014

Throwback Thursday


These were pictures taken in 1976 when I was able to go to Egypt for a trip.  For 6 weeks I went with 21 teachers to gather artifacts and went to lectures.  We put together "Culture kits" which were housed at Iowa State University.  The Culture kits were an idea which I helped develop when I was an elementary teacher.  The resources which were gathered from people all over the word and were used by International Students as they could come to classrooms to visit with the students.  I developed something which I called a "Friendship Fair" and the elementary students would be divided up and would interact with the Iowa State University students for a chance to do more than just be lectured to.  The students from the University and the students from the elementary school actually held conversations with each other.  It was a great program and I was sorry to see it dropped.  

No comments: