Sunday, April 7, 2013

Holocaust Remembrance Day

 One of the most moving experiences of my life was a visit to the Holocaust Museum in Washington, D. C. My friend Carole Horowitz was living in DC at the time and was able to get me in to see the Museum. It was a difficult experience  A couple of years later I took my 16 year old nephew (Now 30) to the Museum.  It was just as hard.  Not only Jews were killed during the Holocaust but also Slavs, Roma (Gypsies), Homosexuals and Freemasons.  I hold them all in the light and pray that we will never forget and never repeat.

A Video on the National Holocaust Memorial Web Site.
I urge you to watch it (full screen) and remember.
One of the most powerful places in the Museum. Photographs of the victims of one town. If you are ever in Washington, D.C. I urge you to visit The Holocaust Museum.
Molly's Post will come live after 6:00 PM this evening.

2 comments:

Kurt said...

The room of pictures was harder to look at than the crematorium at Dachau.

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

I agree. I think it was the most difficult for me also.