Saturday, September 4, 2010

Happy Birthday Jon


Today is Jon's 28th Birthday. He had to work and I texted him Birthday Greetings.

I can still remember waking up with my mother telling me that I had a nephew. she and my sister had snuck off to the hospital without waking me up. I don't think anything has ever happened to me that has made me happier.

In the past twenty-eight years I have watched him grow into the wonderful guy he is today. We have traveled the country together as I took him with me to the National Education Association Meetings in the summer time.

I watched at he grew into a young adult and the man he is now and I could not be prouder of him if he were my own son. In some cultures the Uncles raise the nephews. In many ways I feel I have helped raise him. I know that my mother would also be proud of him. She called him "her immortality" - and she is right. Through him the good that was her will live on.

Thanks for stopping by. Hugs and Always Remember That You Are Loved.

No comments: