Friday, September 10, 2010

Friday - A Visit with Jack.

I went over to Jefferson this morning and picked up Jack Watts to go to his office to look up the record of a Royal Arch Mason from the early part of the 20th century. Jack has been the Grand Secretary/Recorder for 40 years and is a wonderful man who has given yeoman's service to the Grand Chapter and Council. He recently resigned from the office but the new Grand Secretary has not been named yet so he still has the records.

We have a new web site for Grand Chapter and Council and people can write in to ask questions. A man from Washington State wrote and inquired about his great-grandfather's membership and we were able to find out because of the card file which has been kept since the beginning. I wrote him a letter with the information when I got home. But to be honest the real reason was so I could see Jack. He is one of my favorite people and I had not seen him for a long time. He looks pretty good. We also went out to lunch and it was fun to see how many people said "Hi Jack" at the various places we went. Jack has two cats that he is looking for a home for. The Assisted Living home where he is now won't let them come and he thinks the two cats need to stay together. I thought about it but did not think it would be fair as Cassie thinks she is a dog and does not like other cats. Anyway we had a great visit and I was glad to see him

I have to share this video with you. This guy has passion. He is a Republican running for the County Treasurer's office. Would you vote for him?

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

I think if you have Truth you don't have to shout it.
I wonder if he is acting or prompted to sound like this.
If he is 'real' then I certainly would not vote for him as he is too hot too emotional.