Thursday, September 2, 2010

Thursday was Lodge Night

Iowa State had a Football game tonight. I usually stay away from the campus during these events. You can see the snap I took as I drove by they were gathering to go to the game. Lots of students and cars and fortunately they were going the other direction. What was I doing you say to be in that area at that time. Well you might ask.
It was Lodge night and I had gotten an e-mail from a Brother from Cherokee asking if I knew of anyone who would be going to Lodge who could give him a ride. He has entered ISU and wanted to come to Lodge. He knew my name because I was listed in his Grandfather's address book of Masonic Contacts. His grandfather was Charles Crocker, a Past Grand High Priest of the Royal Arch Masons and a friend of mine from years ago. I of course, said I would pick him up so I went out, braving the mad hoards of students going to the game, to get him.
As I waited for him I could see the Lake where the swans live. Not good lighting to take a great picture because the sun was just over the lake.
We had a wonderful meal prepared by the Order of the Amaranth and a good meeting.
This is Blake and Paul, our Junior Steward. - I think (actually I am pretty sure) that he had a good time and I enjoyed meeting him and I was able to sluff off the part I was going to do next week on him so I can just sit and enjoy the degree.

Cassie is back as you know and except for the little darlings getting me up at 5:45 this morning things are moving along relatively smoothly. I have met a new Brother and life is good.

No comments: