Thursday, September 30, 2010

My Tony Curtis Story

My friend Dianne has a post about Tony Curtis over at her Blog. You should read it. Click here.

I have two Tony Curtis Stories I can tell. I will only tell one.

In 1968 I was visiting my Aunt Ellen in Los Angeles. One of her house mates, Cathy, needed to go to Cedars Hospital every day to see her father. I would drive her over and sit in the waiting room and watch people while she visited her father. I really enjoyed watching the people all of whom seemed to know each other.

One day there was a Rolls Royce parked in the lot where we parked and the parking lot attendant told me that it belonged to Tony Curtis. I didn't know much about him but I had enjoyed his movies. The Rolls was parked away from other cars and across three or four parking spaces. (Listen if I had a Rolls, I would have parked it the same way.)

I walked over to look at it up close and saw a red cardigan sweater in the seat. I assumed it belonged to Mr. Curtis. As I leaned in to look at the sweater (which I can still see in my mind's eye) I noticed the label. Tony Curtis purchased that sweater at Sears. I thought it was kind of neat. Big Hollywood Star and he still bought his sweater at Sears. Just thought I'd tell my Tony Curtis story. Thanks for stopping by. Hugs. j

1 comment:

Dianne said...

I can absolutely picture him getting his sweater at Sears
he didn't have many airs about him Rolls Royce or not :)
wonderful story
hugs