Monday, September 20, 2010

Miles on Monday

I don't have any new pictures of Miles but I thought you might enjoy some from when he first came to live with us. I am still not feeling up to par and the pictures I took yesterday were all blurry. I will put anything new to say in bold.

Bailey has a new brother. He is looking up at Jon's new collie puppy. Miles Murphy Maximus
They are getting acquainted. Miles is full of puppy energy and Bailey is not sure what is going to happen.
Both dogs are nuts about Jon who got down on the floor with them.
Then Cassie had to get in on the party. She wound up going into the crate that Jon's friend Nick loaned him.
He is a Blue Merle and is absolutely beautiful - and curious and energetic and exciting to have here. Miles and Cassie have become great friends. He loves to play with her and she has always thought that she was a dog so they get along fine.

He also "talks" - He is not barking yet but whines a little.
Can you tell that we have one happy nephew and his new boy. We will always miss Max but this little guy will fill a space and we already love him. This is my favorite picture of Jon with Miles. He was so very depressed to lose Max (as were we all) that to see this look on his face was a real day brightener.

Miles remains a gentleman. He knows when you are not feeling well and twice this week-end he crawled up on my lap to lay his body across my tummy (it helped) and snuggle with me. I slept with him on my lap (all 500 (at least it felt that way) pounds of him. The only complaint is his bony elbows and (sometimes) where he steps when he climbs oh so very carefully up on my lap. Thanks for going down memory lane with me. Hugs, j

No comments: