Wednesday, February 9, 2011

just saying



It is cold out. -1 when I came back from Eastern Star. I had a good time.  Tammy is the Worthy Matron.  We sat at the same table after the meeting and talked about earlier times.  I have known her since she was a Rainbow Girl back in the early 70's.  Then I had some of her kids in school.  She was telling me that her son is getting married in November.

The Grand Worthy Matron has Christmas as her theme this year so we are singing Christmas carols all year long. (Not my favorite thing)  I like them at Christmas.  Not sure how singing Joy to the World every month is gong to go down with me.  Oh well we have had worse.  but I won't go into that.  

I have decided that my favorite Network is CBS.  I like their comedy shows and their dramas keep me interested.  I have three hours of TV to watch when I come home from a meeting on Tuesday nights.  

The Cable guy was out on Tuesday to see what he could do about my problems on Monday And you know what the problem had magically disappeared.  The Internet works fine, the telephone is working. He did tell me that they were having a problem in this area.  They are working to find out what it is.  I am very pleased with the way they got out here right away.

The rest of the week is busy. Tomorrow is the Annual Meeting of the Scottish Rite in Des Moines, Thursday is the 100th raising in Arcadia Lodge's building and Re-Obligation night.  I am not sure that I need to be re-obligated.  I have carried my obligations with me since the Spring of 1966 and I have heard the obligations at every degree I have attended in the meantime.  It is very much a part of me and who I am and besides guiding my Masonry it also is something I hold up as a rule for my life. 

Saturday I go to Cedar Rapids for the Iowa Masonic Education Conference. Should be fun.

In the meantime thanks for stopping by. Be good.  Hugs, j

No comments: