Tuesday, February 8, 2011

This 'n That


 I could have cared less about the Super Bowl but you can't avoid it.  I heard one guy say that he had spent $10,000 to go there and he was in one of the seats that were not finished so he could not sit out in the arena to see it. .  Then I saw Mrs. ??? who along with her husband owns the new Dallas Cowboy's Arena telling about how they have made it a contemporary Art Venue.  When I think of the children who go to bed hungry in this country and then think of the money spent on a football games it makes me wonder if our priorities aren't all screwed up.
Speaking of Dallas, my cousin sent me this picture of his front yard.  They live in Dallas. My aunt is visiting there right now and she must have taken our weather with her on the trip.  It is supposed to get warmer this week.  I hope so.

I did start to watch all the commercials for the Stupor Bowl but they were just commercials and I don't like them anyway so I stopped.  I generally don't like commercials.  Especially some of them.  The ones from insurance/drug/lawyers particularly. And they are repeated over and over again.. Enough of my complaints.

OK one more,  I had to spend big bucks on prescriptions yesterday. They all came due at once.  I had to buy a new pill keeper because Miles has this affinity for plastic and he took the other one off the kitchen counter and chewed it up.  Miles really wants the weather to change.  He wants to be outside and go for a walk.  I suppose next we will have to deal with mud... That is always fun.

Thanks for stopping by.  Be good.  Hugs, j

2 comments:

John said...

Despite all the foolish or hateful hoopla, the Super Bowl WAS a pretty good game this year...at least from my perspective. I also think it's some kind of poetic justice that two teams used to playing in cold climes went to Dallas--and fomented a snow storm. Serves those Texas folks right!

Ur-spo said...

these same football fans find it silly and stupid I would pay 100 dollars to go to the opera.