Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I have little to say but for what it is worth, here it is.

My grandfather used to ask me how tall I was.  I would tell him and he would then say,  "I didn't know they piled it that high."  (For those humor challenged folks it was a reference to my brown eyes and the idea that it is the same color as something I am to polite to mention - yeah right)

I have to go to the eye doctor periodically to make sure things are all right because along with the damn diabetes I developed glaucoma. So today was one of those days.  I had to have a field vision test.  You have to sit there with one eye covered and every time a little light flashes you push a button clicker.  You are all scrunched over and it is not a comfortable test.  In face each person who went in there while I was in the waiting room who went in to take the test said the same thing..."I hate this thing."  I had done poorly on the left eye the last couple of times I had done this so this time the Doctor suggested that we do the left eye first.  It seemed to work.  He said the results were better and I don't have to see him again for six months.  The pressures in my eyes were both good.

I am actually quite pleased because I use my eyes a lot.  I get up in the morning and read my e-mail, facebook and the blogs that I read through Google Reader - (There are about 20.) -  And I usually read in my book and of course I watch TV and I need them in order to drive.

Bailey went to the groomer this morning and came back beautiful.  He really needed it. He has been sleeping around all day.  But that is what he usually does.



I finished another book.  The Traitor's Emblem by Juan Gomez-Jurado

Described as an Epic Novel of betrayal.

Loosely based on fact it was thoroughly enjoyable with gold, diamonds, Nazis, and what appealed to me in the first place.  Freemasons..

The trailer for the book is below.  I have already promised it to one brother and will deliver it to him on Wednesday when I go down to the Scottish Rite for the Christmas Party.



Thanks for stopping by.  Have a nice Tuesday.  Christmas is coming.  Hugs, j