Friday, December 23, 2011

The Sanctuary by Raymond Khoury

"In the powerful new thriller from the author of the international bestseller The Last Templar, a geneticist and a CIA agent on a deadly quest to find the most dangerous book in the world discover a secret that has destroyed everyone in its path for centuries"

Khoury's book was basically a "good read" and I enjoyed it.  It kept my interest, for the most part.  I do have to admit that I put it aside from time to time to watch the enthralling political ads being run by the republican clowns running for president.  (They remind me of a large group of predator fish in a swarm biting each other in a frenzy of mayhem. ) 

I also enjoyed reading about some Masonic connections in the story including the Veiled Christ which I had to google.  It is a fascinating story and was fun to take a side trip.

If you want a book to read that is a thriller with a modern day setting but is rooted in history and is somewhat predictable as you read it I recommend this book.  (And Mike if you want it I will bring it down and loan it to you if you promise not to stay up until all hours reading it.)

No comments: