Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Vesuvius Pizza - This 'n that

 A bit of wisdom found on Facebook. And the very first thing (one) to forgive is ourselves for whatever we may have done unintentionally.  However if we have hurt someone intentionally it is going to take more than self-forgiveness to move on.

I shared this photo on Facebook,  then I noticed something about it and edited it our and then I decided that I liked the unedited version   so here it is. He was watching me eat a rare roast beef sandwich and  wanted his taste.  (He got it)

Monday evening my sister and nephew and I went to Vesuvius Pizza for supper.  Jon and I both had the #9 - _A unique pizza with traditional La Quercia coppa (also called "capicolla"), 
goat cheese, crushed red pepper, and arugula._"  I had them leave the red peppers off mine as I am not a spicy fan. It was delicious and as they said the fact that the ovens fire at over 800 degrees meant that the pizza was out very fast.  The wine was very good also.

We went there because Jon has a friend who works there and also because they carry wine and he wanted to have wine with his pizza.  I must admit that it was one of the best pizza's I have ever eaten. 

I am kind of disgruntled with Black Market Pizza because after I collected 10 "Louies" and I called in to have my free one delivered I was told they no longer delivered free pizzas and I would have to come pick it up...(I am perfectly willing to pay the delivery fee and to tip the driver the usual amount but I prefer to have the pizza delivered.)  So I have not ordered from them for awhile.  And I think I have lost one of the Louies so I won't be going there for awhile (My mother always did say that I was "willing to cut off my nose to spite my face." and I haven't changed.  Did I mention that I no longer shop at Target?  They wanted to scan my driver's license in order for me to purchase a bottle of wine...there are other places to shop.)  

The pizza when it came was delicious.  My sister got a ham and pineapple pizza and for dessert we all had Tiramisu and it also was delicious and it was a huge piece - (Not like some places where you pay a big price for a postage size serving) -  Ginny had never had it before.  Think of that 59 years old and never tasted tiramisu.  I am glad to have given her the experience.  

Speaking of ages, our family ages form an interesting pattern.  On November 13 I became 70, in February my mother would have been 100, my sister will turn 60 in July and Jon will be 30.  That is the only way I can keep track of them. Mom and Ginny and I are all "water" signs. Jon is not.  Which explains a lot but I won't go into that.  

Thanks for stopping by and do visit Vesuvius Wood Fired Pizza when you get a chance.

No comments: