Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Little Beastie

The Terminix man came out today and spent about an hour mouse proofing the house and setting traps for them.  You would think that Miss Cassie would take care of them but all she does is chase them around and never catches them.  


I have had mice in the past but generally ignored them except for putting some traps out.  I have had to have the dishwasher repaired twice (thank you Brandon) from the mouse chewing through the rubber hose that brings the water into the dishwasher.   The other day I walked into the kitchen and a mouse ran out from the space between the dishwasher and the refrigerator.  Zoom he (she) was gone out of sight and none of the animals even saw it happen.  That was when I decided it was time for professional help.


Shaon (that is how he spells it), the Terminix man said that there was not much evidence of mice in the house and he put several traps down.  He said that they come in this time of year to over winter. So I felt better about that. Sometimes I wonder whether having a house is really worth it.  


I used to like the white mice in the basement of the Home Ec building where my mother worked and I even had a white rat as a classroom pet. Rosie was even good enough to give birth to a litter during Science Class so the kids could witness but those were mice and rats in cages,  I don't like them running around the house.  


Thanks for stopping by.  Hugs,  j

4 comments:

Ur-spo said...

I am deeply concerned with the ways of your mice
their behavior's not good, and their manners not nice.

John said...

I am deeply concerned with the ways of our Jay:

When nice mice come for tea, he just scares them away!

DonM said...

I too am concerned about Jay. If one really thinks a house isn't worth the trouble, they should just consider sleeping outside under a bush for a couple nights. That's what the mice are thinking. And guess what? They moved into the house, braving the danger of fierce felines and carniverous canines, and thinking that it was a wonderful trade.

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

I just think that having an apartment might be less hassle. All this house for one person.. and critters.