Thursday, June 21, 2012

Wednesday Leading Age Spring Convention

 I spent (most of) the day in Des Moines attending the Leading Age Convention or workshop or whatever.

I thought the best thing about the meeting was meeting "George" at one of the exhibitor's booths and the collection of "stuff"  (mostly pens) that I was able to get.

Because I am on the Eastern Star Masonic Home Board we decided that we would attend the meetings.

I attended two talks and the Keynote speaker.  The Keynote speaker and one of the breakout
speakers were essentially robotic in their delivery.  The just sort of babbled and I did not get much of interest out of their talks.

I had planned on attending one more session bust it was being given by the same person who gave the talk just before it so I "escaped"  -  Miles and Molly were glad that I had done so.

They were hungry and I enjoyed my time with them.  Then I worked on my new Masonic Blog.  I have moved 98 articles which I had written from the Buddy to the new Blog.  I though it might be interesting to see what I had written.  And it is not just my own writing but also from friends who helped out by writing guest blogs for me.   I go back to the conference tomorrow morning.  I am hoping that the speakers will be more interesting.  We are also going to have our Home Board Meeting at the same time.  Multi-tasking.. Off to bed...But this won't go up until the morning.

1 comment:

John said...

Good heavens! If my employer forced me to wear that tacky (and inaccurate) costume in public, I'd be looking for another job. From the gentleman's uncomfortable and apologetic expression, I suspect he's doing just that. (At the same time, it's not much more foolish than Knights Templar regalia--but that we wear by choice.)