Thursday, June 14, 2012

Wednesday


I think the above is good advice.  The folks at Westboro give Christianity in general and the Baptist Church in particular a bad name,  They are despicable human beings (if you can call them that) and have no relationship to Christ's Church.

I read this today:

"The culture of hate feeds off the frustrations and feelings of betrayal among the impoverished, the unemployed, the underemployed and the hopeless. And the longer the expanding underclass is ignored, the longer we refuse to define what is happening to us in our corporate state as a vicious class struggle, the more the culture of hate spreads..."


Their church feeds off the culture of hate and thankfully real Christians are beginning to respond to people like them and standing up to them. Of course, the best way to deal with them is to shun them.  And not to give them any publicity.  As as far as the guy that hung the President in effigy outside his church.  I think the old method of riding people like him out of town on a rail (covered in tar and feathers) might be appropriate.


Telling you that I cracked open a bottle of Templeton Rye and am enjoying my night cap of that wonderful amber liquid will go far to pissing a lot of people off.  As for the rest of you I have another unopened bottle when that one is finished.


Dogs in the City is my favorite show of the summer.  I am glad that a lot of my favorites are back but I really enjoy watching Justin straighten the dogs (and their owners out)  My friend Dianne wrote about him over at her blog and I invite you to go over and read her post about him.  She did a great job and there are pictures.  Forks Off the Moment is a great blog.

We had the air conditioner check-up today and Molly really was well-behaved.  She liked the technician and was very nice with him. Of course it helped that he knew how to relate to her.

Image Credit: Zade Rosenthal/TNT
Dallas is back. ( Go here to read a review.)  and I loved it.  It is a continuation of the original show which I watched faithfully and I will also watch this one.  JR, Bobby and Sue Ellen make for a good time.  I noticed on Facebook that a lot of my friends watched it and liked it.

I am having lunch with my sister tonight.  It will be good to see her.  It is nice to have her in Ames so we can sit together and visit once in awhile.  Thanks for stopping by.  Hugs.

No comments: