Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Branches can be Dangerous

Today (Tuesday) in Ames a tree branch touched a wire and took out power for the entire town.  The Iowa State Daily (Student Newspaper) covered it with pictures here.

I was watching my soap opera (sort of) and lost the last few minutes of the show.  Big Whoop, I really wasn't paying attention anyway.  It was only off about 5 minutes at my house.  In some places it was off a lot longer.  That is one of the advantages of living near the hospital.

I did lose sound on my TV but a friend suggested (through Facebook) that I turn the "box" (DVR) off and then turn it back on.  That worked.  I had forgotten the basic law of electronic gadgets.. Always reboot.

One friend posted on Facebook - "We lost our satellite receiver when the power surged after the power was out for over an hour this afternoon. Direct TV will come out on Sunday, so meanwhile, it's time to turn on the kindle."

Jon lost power also and he still does not have his Internet connection back, so he wanted to bring Miles over for a visit while he goes to Roland to use his Father's Internet so he can finish a paper and get it turned in.


Miles and Molly are in hog heaven.  Happy to see each other and driving me nuts.


They will be in the kitchen tomorrow as I have an all day meeting at Prairie Meadows.  Should be interesting.  Have to be there Thursday also.


It is a conference for people in the Nursing Home business and since I am on the Board of Directors for the Eastern Star Masonic Home I am attending along with the other Board Members.


In the meantime I must look over the program to see what I want to attend.


Have a good day.  Thanks for stopping by

1 comment:

Dianne said...

first of all
love the Molly needs a Sammich!!
and all the pics from Monday
she always leaves me with a warm feeling and a smile

people need to trim their trees
we have all sorts of issues because no one pays attention to dead and overgrown limbs
the power people will come do it for them if it's near wires
then again sometimes stuff just happens

hugs