Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Family


 I have been scanning some old pictures again. This first one is in the yard next to the bird bath that my grandfather made of red cement.  The basin and the bottom base are all that is left.  The pillar was broken in one of our moves.  It is one heavy piece.  Molly likes to drink rainwater out of it.

This is my mom and me in 1943 in front of the house on East Sixth. I would have been 1 1/2 years old.
Fifth grade (probably)
I got the glasses in sixth grade so this was probably taken in Atlantic, Iowa

Ginny riding my cousin John's pony in Adel


Not sure when this was taken but I am sure we had a struggle to get her in a dress.

Jay and Ginny and Boots in Jackson, Nebraska.
Boots was a beagle puppy who was run over on the dirt road that ran in front of the house we rented.


Ginny's Christmas Doll house. 

Mom worked for Doane Agricultural Service and they ran an article in their company magazine about her.  We had to have this picture taken for the magazine.
The three of us got along pretty well together.  Probably because we were all water signs. I am Scorpio (Nov 13), Mother was Pieces (February 22) and Ginny a Cancer (July 1).  There is also a pattern for the years.  Last year I turned 70, Mother would have been 100 and Ginny turned 60. The nephew was just 30 but his sign is not a water sign. Not that I really believe in any of that.  But then we all did love the water and were all happiest at the Lake.

1 comment:

Bob Kelly said...

So enjoying the nostalgic journey of your family history and photos! You are inspiring me to do the same!