Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Those hats! This 'n That

I like hats.  I have a sporty looking hat for summer and a heavier one for winter.

I  am not fond of baseball caps but I will wear them as I am supposed to keep the sun off from my face and brow.

My sister sent me this old photo which she found and scanned.  Not so sure about her hat but her attitude is showing.

I really liked having a little sister.  (still do even though she now goes by Olechick...)

I had to cancel my debit card today.  I had some problems with it a while back and they replaced it with a new expiration date.  Since then I check my bank statement regularly on-line and today I found a charge on it that I had not made and so I called the company where the charge was made and found out that there were a couple of electronic gift cards which had been purchased with it.  Because I caught it quickly they were able to stop payment on the gift cards and will refund to my account.  Next I had to call my credit card company and cancel my card.  So they took care of that and will issue me a new card.  Such fun but at least I caught it before it went any further.

I switched my garbage service.  The old service made me pay in advance for three months at a time.  I was talking about it to someone and they told me about the other service in town.  One month at a time and they will take it directly out of my account and I am saving money besides. (about $40 over the three months) Oh and they will come up to the garage and get it for me because of my bum leg.  Something that the other company never did.  I am happy.


Ginny also sent me this picture of her class visiting the Tribune (the Ames Paper) I am not sure which one is Ginny but I thought it was interesting that it ran in the paper on my 22nd birthday.   Now that I have scanning capability I may try some of this.

The other neat thing about the new printer is that I can print to it from my phone.  All I have to do is send what I want printed to an e-mail address and it will print.  If I have an enclosure in the e-mail it will print the enclosure.  Modern technology. What fun!

No comments: