Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Hopping Around


Random Thoughts


  • The more they "hype" a new movie the less I want to see it.  The new Tom Hanks movie "Captain Phillips" just does not look like it is going to be a good one.  It will not be on my "must see" list.  The other one about Walt Disney and the author of Mary Poppins does have possibilities.
  • I do not understand why American commercials must be so stupid and offensive.  I have seen wonderful, articulate, entertaining commercials but they are usually from Europe.  Oh and the USA ones are played over and over Ad nauseam.
  • Am I the only person in the world who does not give a flying ***** about Breaking Bad.  I read about it all over the place. I was curious so I went to my On Demand and tried to watch it.  I couldn't even get through one episode.  It made me so nervous and up-tight that I could not relax for an hour. I am glad for those who like it but it just wasn't my cup of tea.
  • Lots of the "new" shows this week are going to have short runs. (prediction)
  • I am enjoying the new James Spader show The Blacklist.
  • I WENT TO THE DOCTOR and aside from my weight everything is good.  Dr. Alexander recommended a book Wheat Belly and we talked about it.  So I came home and went to Amazon and ordered it for my Kindle.  There may be something to it.  Radical changes in store for me if I decide to. 
  • If you haven't looked at it yet click on the Iowa Flag in the right hand column. Iowa Vistas is a place to showcase pictures of Iowa. Hopefully we will have pictures from every county in Iowa up.  Bob Kelly is providing some, I am doing others and I am thinking of opening it up to other people. Iowa is a scenic state and I though it would be nice to show some of our state in this manner.   I think Story County has the most pictures right now.  
  • I found a new group Well-Strung over on a blog.  Here is a sample of their work.

1 comment:

Harpers Keeper said...

Casa de Harper is of two minds on Capt. Phillips. Spo has no interest but I think it appears to be worth seeing. I have not seen a commercial for it on tv yet but have seen the trailer a few times.

Breaking Bad appears to be a polarizing topic. I must confess I have never seen an episode (or even part of one). Many people talk of it as one of the best things ever on television while others, especially on FB seem furious about all the hype surrounding the finale to a degree that confuses me. I didn't watch it but I wasn't irate about it and I didn't feel morally superior for having skipped it. (Not suggesting that was the tone of your post! - but there was a lot of that on FB)