Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Reminiscing

On Sunday nights when I was growing up there were a couple of shows on the Television that we used to watch.  One was the Ed Sullivan Show which was always a mixture of enjoyable vignettes of entertainment. Another was "What's My Line.  I was reminded of that show when I was over reading AmericaBlog and John had posted this video about one time when a woman who ran a Nudist Camp was on the show.

Dorothy Kilgallen, Steve Allen, Arlene Frances and Bennet Cerf were always entertaining and they opened up a level of thinking and speaking that I never found in Ames, Iowa.  to be honest Miss Frances was the more glamorous of the two ladies and I loved her voice.  If you watch all the way to the end there is a short portion of another show where Miss Kilgallen models the dress she wore to the Coronation. So it was probably around 1952 and I would have been about 11 years old. It was an old black and white television but that did not matter.  We eventually got a color TV and that was especially nice for the westerns.

It is always nice to have something like this pop up on the Internets to bring back memories of times I spent with my mother and grandparents growing up.

No comments: