Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Tripping with Toad - and the Fox and finally the Cat.

Well it is Tuesday.  I read a book this week-end The Heavens Rise by Christopher Rice.

Rice is an excellent author and the descriptions in the book are fully drawn. (There is something special about Southern writers) He draws pictures with words which is not an easy thing to accomplish.  Rice's premise involves three friends and a protagonist who is pure evil.  One of the friends is changed along with the protagonist and through all of the twists and turns in the plot Rice kept me guessing as to how the book would turn out.  I was very satisfied overall with the ending and the book kept me reading both days. I read until 2 AM one day and most of the day while I watched the office at the Scottish Rite on Saturday.  I finished it early Sunday and slept until 11 AM and woke up thinking about it. There are things to ponder in it.  Rice is the son of two literary figures and I have always loved his mother's Vampire books.  It is obvious that he has inherited talent.

And now a very special earworm for all of you.


And in case you want to know what the fox says click below.


And then there is this...

No comments: