Thursday, October 17, 2013

Like an annoying flea



"In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtrl//ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people..."   Wikipedia has a lot more about them here.

I seem to have picked one up.  For some time now an annoying person has tried to place comments on the blog which are just really nasty.  Comments which are generally negative and critical.  Comments on this blog are moderated and so they do not make it to the blog.  The reason for that is so that I can control the content.  There are a lot of Spammers out there and I keep them off also. If I did not have that I would have comments like "I like your blog come visit mine." with a link to a site selling something.  

But this guy just likes to make critical comments.  If he were to ask a legitimate question I would answer it but his questions are disguised negative remarks and as to my Disclaimer policy (you can see it on the tab above) I don't have to let them in. So I don't. 

I used to use this as a place to vent and put up negative crap (no other word for it) now I try to be more positive and I put the negative crap on a private blog with no one allowed to read it but me.  If I put it there I can forget about it. And since I haven't posted there since May 21st things must be going pretty well. I used to put up Editorial Cartoons, etc. but a Blogfriend pointed out how negative most of them were and how upsetting they could be so now Sunday's are more upbeat - I hope you like those.  I must be doing something right because about 300 of you stop by every day.  

Comments are welcome as are questions but they have to be real questions and not just snark disguised as a question and comments of a positive nature are always welcome.  As I said it is my Blog, my rules, If you don't like them G W go somewhere else... I won't miss you. 

One of my former students little brother just graduated from U of I and he was in the Drum Line there.  Now he is in New York City a Drumline Instructor at Berean Community & Family Life Center and a Drumline Performer at Gallant Entertainment, Inc.


  What is a Drumline, you say?  He posted this video.  These 

performers are wonderful. 

       Enjoy,
   


Oh, and don't be a Troll.
I have been given advice about my Troll. G W this is for you.

2 comments:

Ur-spo said...

I find your misfortune bewildering as you don't write anything nasty. Trolls are beyond reason.

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

I know, I marked his last one as Spam and hopefully he will go to the Spam folder and I won't have to read him. His name is George Waite (I think) Not worth worrying about. He is just an ass.