Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sunday


  "...after the example of the bee, extract the honey of every sect." 

Thomas Jefferson

 "Just as the light of a candle has the power to dispel darkness in a room, so also the light developed in a person can help dispel darkness in others."*
~Sayagyi U Ba Khin


 We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same." ~ Carlos Castaneda


 “The function of prayer is not to influence God, but rather to change the nature of the one who prays.”
-Søren Kierkegaard


 "Be blissful and enjoy your life; do not let yourself become obsessed with anything. Determine to use the rest of your life to benefit others as much as possible."


~Lama Yeshe


Unconditional love really exists in each of us. It is part of our deep inner being. It is not so much an active emotion as a state of being. It’s not “I love you” for this or that reason, not “I love you if you love me.” It’s love for no reason, love without an object. It’s just sitting in love, a love that incorporates the chair and the room and permeates everything around. The thinking mind is extinguished in love.

 Ram Dass, Love Serve Remember


Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.
~ Albert Einstein


 My soul is racing ahead of me.
It says, The body is too slow for me -
I am going.



Rumi

 I said Somebody should do something about that. Then I realized I am somebody.


~ Lily Tomlin (September 1, 1939) 
is an American actress, comedian, writer, and producer.

Mark 12:28:
“The most important commandment,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”

2 comments:

Ur-spo said...

These are lovely quotes, although I am suspect of Mr. Twain's. It sounds too upbeat for him.

jaycoles@gmail.com said...

You may be right about the Mark Twain Quote - although I did find it as being from him in several places when I googled it. However none of them gave an attribution as to where he said it.