Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Book Review - New Computer, etc.


The Divinity of Dogs: 

True Stories of Miracles 

Inspired by Man's Best Friend 

by Jennifer Skiff

It took me a long time to get through this book.  It is not a page turner. It is a book to be savored slowly. True Stories of Dogs sent into lives to help in time of need.  Dogs who have been abandoned and mistreated and yet still show love so that one just feels that they were a part of the Divine and were sent into our lives to do His work.  These stories will (should) touch your heart and make you realize just how much having a dog can enrich and yes even save your lives.  Another reason it took me so long to read the book is because I could not get through two stories without a catch in my throat and a tear in my eye.  My heart went out to the children and adults whose lives were touched by these four legged saints sent to help.  I read it on my Kindle and thoroughly enjoyed it.


Last Friday I went to Des Moines to Haddock Computer and purchased a new laptop.  My old 13 inch would type and I could blog from it but...(there is always a but) I could not view Youtube on it and if I did it would crash and I would have to restart it.  I knew it was on its last legs and decided to bite the bullet and get a new machine. The computer folks at Haddock nicely transferred the files from the old computer to the new computer andI brought it home.  I did have to purchase a new copy of Microsoft Office. And I did have trouble getting that installed.  (Had a nice visit from a person in India who hooked up to my computer and took it over and got it fixed.  Now the only problem I have is that my Kindle will not communicate with the new hook-up.  I know the password but it still won't work.  I am wondering if I will be able to receive a book.  No matter I have a real book to read next.

It took all day on Saturday to accomplish my tasks and I stayed home on Sunday. My sister wrote today that she was approved to get a new van.  It sounds really nice.  Since she is in a wheelchair it is important for her mobility to have a vehicle she can get in and out of and drive.  Her old one had a lot of problems and was not really something she could rely on.  I am so glad there are programs in place to help her get the things she needs.

I had to spend two hours Monday night hooking up to the Internet again but finally made it and now I am tired.  I missed some programs but I can watch them on Mediacom On-Demand or Hulu.  And If I can't the world won't end. 

Take care and have a good rest of the week.  Hugs, j




2 comments:

Harpers Keeper said...

Thanks for the tip on the book. I'll admit there are 8-9 already in the to-be-read stack but this one sounds like a worthy addition.

Ur-spo said...

I've heard of this book too.