Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Tuesday's Post

I took Molly to Story City to get her toenails trimmed on Monday. She enjoyed getting out.  Unfortunately for her I also had her weighed and so I am going to substitute her regular food for treats.  I also had to get a certificate showing that she had been vaccinated so I could purchase a dog park pass.  I think she will like that and it will be good for both of us.  On the way back I came up behind the DOT painting yellow lines on the pavement. I had to pass on the right and it got me to thinking about the white lines on the side of the  road.  When I first started driving  (55 years  ago) they did not have those lines on the side of the road.  I can  remember when they put them in to help when you had  to drive in fog so that you did not drive off the side of  road.  It was a real improvement and now they also have rough ridges on the sides and in the middle to help keep you from driving off the side or over the middle of the road.   It makes things much safer.
When I got back into town I had to do some banking and went to the bakery and picked up a ham salad sandwich for lunch and a loaf of bread and (yes I was bad) a couple of Dutch letters.  It was a good lunch. On the way home from the bakery I came up behind the car below.
It reminded me of the "Beetles" from my college days and the fun we had with them.  They got painted in all kind of ways and they tried to get as many people in them as they could. They are still trying to do it. Here is a You Tube of a Bug Cram.

When I got home I decided to take some pictures of the remaining daffodils in front of my house.



I used to have plants that ran all across under the bushes.  As you can see there aren't as many now as there used to be but I can see them out the kitchen window and I like seeing them.  The grass in the front is not in too good a shape but the back yard is really almost ready to mow. I also need to hire someone who washes windows.  You know, so I can see my flowers.  Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.

No comments: