Sunday, August 19, 2007

Groucho

Groucho (Julius Henry) Marx died thirty years ago today. I remember him best from "You Bet your Life" In his honor here are a couple of clips. Hope you have a great Sunday. Hugs, j

Groucho was probably one of the funniest and most insightful observers and critics of life and humanity. Here are just few of his observations:
* A man's only as old as the woman he feels.
* A woman is an occasional pleasure but a cigar is always a smoke.
* Anyone who says he can see through women is missing a lot.
* Behind every successful man is a woman, behind her is his wife.
* From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down, I convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend on reading it.
* Go, and never darken my towels again.
* I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members.
* I find television very educational. Every time someone switches it on I go into another room and read a good book.
* I have had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it.
* I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
* I remember the first time I had sex - I kept the receipt.
* I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.
* In Hollywood, brides keep the bouquets and throw away the groom.
* Marriage is a wonderful institution, but who wants to live in an institution?
* Marry me and I'll never look at another horse!
* Military intelligence is a contradiction in terms.
* Next time I see you, remind me not to talk to you.
* One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know.
* Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
* There is one way to find out if a man is honest; ask him! If he says yes you know he's crooked.
* Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
* Whoever named it necking was a poor judge of anatomy.
* Why, I'd horse-whip you if I had a horse.

No comments: