Monday, August 27, 2007

Monday Musings


OK, I rode the exercise bike this afternoon. General Hospital was putting me to sleep and I needed to stay awake. I am a little sore from Saturday's ride so I did not ride as fast. But it was all right.

I had lunch with the Edward's retired teacher's bunch today. They are a good group and I enjoyed the lunch. We ate at Gateway and I had a Mediterranean salad.

I am catching up on some Secretary/Recorder things but it will probably take me until tomorrow. I have DeMolay board tonight so I am going to that.

Last night I went to bed at a reasonable time. Bailey brought his Birthday present to bed with him. While I watched CSI:Miami he played with it. I thought he would settle down when I turned off the light but pretty soon he was down on the floor and "worrying" it and growling and fussing. So, of course, I had to get up, put on my "boot" and go to find out what was wrong. The ball was stuck under a small brass bound chest and he "had" to have it. Well he didn't get it. I dug it out and it had to spend the night in the hallway by itself. Needless to say it had me awake and I was awake for about another hour. I did sleep until 8:00 AM this morning. (Thank heaven I do not usually have to get up in the night). I have a new book to start toight and just finished a great one. Leave Myself Behind by Bart Yates of Iowa City. (Don't ask to borrow it.) I am waiting for three more that I ordered and am going to Borders to look for one that was advertised in the New Yorker.

You may ask me why I don't use the library more? (Then again you may not) The last time I went there I got a book, was excited to read it and then had to take it right back. It had previously been borrowed by a smoker and it reeked like the bottom of an ashtray. As most of you know I am an a-hole about smoke so I sprayed it with Fabreeze and took it back to the library.

Last night I wrote a new poem and Jon was over.

Be loved, Hugs, jcs

No comments: