Sunday, August 12, 2007

Kyle's Reception and a great Restaurant.



After I got home from Waterloo and downloaded my pictures I went to Kyle's reception at the Stompin' Grounds. It was great to see him and his family. I also saw some friends. A couple of republicans who had braved the heat and gone to the straw poll at Iowa State University. I always knew republicans were crazy to go out in the heat that was yesterday. I saw a lot more democrats who stayed in the coolness. Speaking of coolness. Kyle Boyd is a cool kid. His work is fantastic. I bought a print of the Golden Girls above his photo and I told him I was putting it on my blog. You can go his blog and see more of his work and even purchase merchandise. The Golden Girls is on a t-shirt.

Jon stayed over last night so I have been trying to be very quiet but the dogs do bark. He worked a double shift yesterday and was really tired. The duplex across the street threw a party last night so there were a lot of cars parked on the street. I always think I live in a parking lot. The guy who just bought the duplex to the south is a nice guy and he is working hard to take down the hedge so it is a more manageable size. I will miss the privacy but it is to hot to sit out on the porch now anyway and I never do anything out there I am ashamed of (smile broadly).

The picture below is from a hanging basket on the street in Waterloo just outside Joey Doughy's I ate there at noon.
On Friday night instead of going to the Banquet we went here for dinner




It was wonderful. The owner has the Sistine Chapel ceiling painting on the ceiling and it was done using spray paint.

You can see pictures here and there are links to other articles about it.









Not only was the ambiance wonderful but the food was exquisite and the company excellent. We had great conversation and only had to introduce...come to think of it nobody had to be introduced. That alone was worth the price of admission. My friend Judy, came in to eat also and I got to see her. I was not going to be able to see her on this trip because I did not go up until Friday and the meetings kept me busy the whole time I was there. So it was a serendipitous evening. Then back to the Hotel for P.O.E.T.S. Club. (If you don't know what that means just e-mail me.

I was home by 5:15. The entire week-end was great and now I have to do laundry. Take care. Remember, you are loved. Hugs, jcs

No comments: