Thursday, August 9, 2007

Talented Students

When I taught at Roosevelt School I had a student named Derek Anderson (I called him Crane and he called me Birdie) - He is a talented artist and has written and published several Children's Books. He has a Web site here.

When I taught at Edwards School my associate Mrs. Boyd had a very talented son who has now realized his dream of becoming an animator. His blog is here.
Kyle has several of his works hanging at the Stompin' Grounds through September 10 and there will be a reception for him this Saturday from 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM.

Take a few minutes to visit their web sites and look at their work.

And then there is Charlotte. I wrote about her earlier but her mother and she and I had lunch at the Grounds this noon and it was great to reconnect. It was great fun to watch her mind in operation. She goes 90 miles a minute and even composed a slogan/poem while I watched. (OK, I admit I suggested one word but she would have found it eventually). I loved having her as a student and could see the potential. It is great to know her as an adult and see that potential (partially) realized. I am hoping she will start a blog and if she does I will add it to my links on the sidebar. She is selling Costco knives this summer and soaking up experiences to write about whenshe goes back to school this Fall.

2/3 of these students were mine. I have had a lot of talented creative students over the years. I am glad some of them still consider me a friend.

Remember you are loved. Hugs, j

No comments: