Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Update (Mostly for Maryjane and Ginny)


The doctor's nurse called today. It seems that my higher than normal readings on the Blood Sugar (read that BS)  may have been caused by a glitch in the accura check.  The reading at his office was 123 while the reading on my meter that morning was 187.  So I took it up to Walgreens and now have a new one.  We will see if it works. (IT DIDN'T SO IT MAY BE THE STRIPS. THE COMPANY IS SENDING NEW ONES BUT THEY WON'T GET HERE UNTIL THURSDAY.)  Still does not explain the headaches and general feeling of malaise.  (I PROBABLY HAVE AN EXPLANATION FOR THAT BUT AM NOT SHARING.)
While I was waiting at the pharmacy I went up to Flame N' Skewer for supper.  Bob and Evy were there and it was good to see them.  After I ate I looked across the way and saw the Bow-flex store.  Dr. Jeffrey Horowitz had suggested that I exercise.  So I went in and came away with a new exercise Bike which will be delivered on Saturday.  So there will be a new piece of furniture to dust when Shirley comes.  We will see how it works.  It has arm thingies (yeah, I know that is not a word) so it should help.  If I get rid of some of my gut and keep the blood sugar down it might help.  I understand that exercise can help get rid of diabetes or at least help control it.  I would like that.
I should have plenty of time to exercise as I am getting out of several Masonic organizations and obligations.  I hate it but it has to be.  I shall miss my friends at Acanthus.  
Remember you are loved.  Hugs,  j

No comments: