Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Des Moines Sky Shots and Tax day tomorrow.

I put this up for my Facebook Status tonight:

Tomorrow I get to pick up my taxes. I have been to busy to get there but there is still time. I AM PROUD TO PAY MY TAXES. When I think of all the services that they provide for myself and many others I am grateful to have the income that enables me to pay taxes.
And you know. The funny part of it is that it is true. Because I live in the United States of America I am fairly certain that the roads I drive on, the protections I have from police, fire and the military. The professionals who work for the state in the bureaucracy and the teachers and medical worker and all of the myriad of other things that we enjoy are there because I can pay my taxes. I am glad that they are taken out so I don't have to save and take a "hit" all at once and I will get some back from the State but have to pay a little to the Federal government but that is all right.
Those who think we pay to much in taxes should consider what we get for those taxes. And figure out what they want to do without. I know I appreciate knowing that I can call a number and have someone here to help almost immediately. When my sister was living with me and fell the paramedics came over and lifted her off the floor and back into the wheel chair almost immediately. I could not have done it then and I sure can't now. But they were here and helped.

So that is my mini-rant for tonight.

I went to Des Moines this afternoon to run the meet and greet and take notes for the officer's meeting and practice for the 31st degree... (Have I mentioned that I was busy??) While I was there I took the three pictures above. The clouds were beautiful and I could wear a short sleeved shirt and even ran the air conditioner in the car on the way down. I LOVE SPRING. - I am ready to sit on the back deck and sip a little bit of booze and enjoy my favorite time of year.

Thanks for stopping by. Lodge tomorrow night and Scottish Rite on Saturday - The Lodge Breakfasts are this week-end. Hopefully I will have energy enough to go down.

Oh one more thing. After practice Kurt and Bryce and I went to Fong's Pizza to eat. Kurt and I split a couple of small pizzas Crab Rangoon and Fongolian Beef. They were amazing. Kurt and Bryce each took a Crab Rangoon pizza home to their ladies. Lyssa had posted about it on Facebook before I got home - she said

has an amazing husband! He went to Fong's with some friends and brought me home a whole crab rangoon pizza- delish!!!

She is right there. I recommend you try Fong's next time you are in Des Moines and if you want company just ask me. Wonderful. Hugs, j

2 comments:

Ur-spo said...

you are a more mature man than most
most american like to simultaneously bitch about having to pay such high taxes - but are first to complain of lack of services.

John said...

I agree with you, Jay! While I pay taxes quarterly, I'm always happy to do so. It means I'm doing my part to live in this great country--and that I'm making enough to live on as well. Where's the down side of that?

Good to see you the other day, even if under very sad circumstances