Friday, April 2, 2010


The picture on the left is of the Auditorium of the Unitarian Church in Des Moines where I went to see Scriptease on Tuesday night. Once a month there is a "reader's theater in this venue. It is not actually a pure readers theater because the actors get up and move around but they are fun. This one was about Hillary Clinton and was written as a Greek theater with a chorus and the goddesses Athena and Aphrodite. I went alone because I had to take a pair of pants down for repair. Actually the store gave me a brand new pair and I was pleased that this had happened.

I had gotten the new telephone and was glad I had it. I could at least read my e-mail and keep up with Facebook.

Then as I said earlier I got my computer back from Apple and it is so wonderful to be able to type and not have the cursor jump back and erase lines of type and not work and the battery was bulging. Both items were repaired without cost to me. Of course, I had purchased the Applecare plan and I guess that made it worth it.

I used the phone camera for the picture above and also for the picture of the plant on the left.

I don't know what it is called but I call it a mother chicken and hens. It was outside the Gateway hotel that we went into for supper on Wednesday night. It has a very nice restaurant and both of us had the Moroccan Chicken. It was delicious. My friend and I have been trying to get together since before Christmas and we had a lot to catch up on. I worked with Mrs. Rust in the Ames Schools and Dallas and I had a lot to discuss. Our educational philosophy is very similar and sometimes I wish I was still teaching. But then again I see what has happened and is happening to education today and I mourn for the kids who are being cheated by what school could be.





Finally I had to share this picture. It makes me feel good and for some reason I need to feel good right now. I am going through one of those "down" times and need a boost. Tomorrow I am going to the Roast Beef Dinner at Home Lodge. It is their benefit for the Animal Lifeline. From 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM they will serve Roast Beef, Mashed Potatoes Beef Gravy, Tender Corn, Jello Salad and dessert. All for $8 for Adults and $4 for Kids.

The address is 5201 Maple Drive in Pleasant Hill - Just another example of one of the things Masons to to help the community.

No comments: