Wednesday, April 14, 2010

What to do, what to do


I don't really have "poster's block" but I have been so very busy that I have not had time to catch up on things. I went to two Masonic Funerals this week. The one last night (I did not get home until 12:30 PM) in Cedar Rapids was for M. W. Brother Tom Eggleston. There were about 300 Masons there and all of them counted Tom as a friend. The ceremony was given my M. W, Brother Paul Wieck who was Tom's Deputy Grand Secretary and then became Grand Secretary with the eulogy by P.G.M. Don Stamey. It was a beautiful service.

On Monday I went to Des Moines to preside at a Masonic Service for a Brother from Southgate Lodge. He was 97. These services are not the easiest thing to do but they are meaningful and at the request of the Brother or his Family it is the last tribute we can give a Brother.

Both of those events took large chunks of time and I also had other things to do such as laundry, etc. (That was so I would have clean shirts to wear to the services. Today I go down to the Scottish Rite for a Meet and Greet this afternoon and an officer's meeting as well as a degree practice. I wonder if I will find time to eat. I also have a report to file with the IRS. They are done and waiting for me at H. R. Block but I was not able to schedule a time to get there until tomorrow afternoon. Tomorrow night I have Lodge and I am presenting the Apron to the new Mason and Friday I have a Home Board Meeting and Saturday is the Scottish Rite Reunion and Spring Gala...

I really wonder how I schedule myself for so many things but I do and I guess I like it. The "boys" aren't too happy with me being gone but they survive.

I think of some things I might want to write about and then don't have time to develop them so I feel as if I am cheating the Blog. I am sorry but I also think that I would be repeating myself about some things. I hope you keep coming back. Perhaps I will be able to write something is a week or so....Oh wait, I am going to work in the Scottish Rite office for a week while Don takes a well-deserved week off. Thanks for stopping by. Hugs, j

No comments: