Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Dr.'s Report

Dr. Thomas Greenwald
I was at the Clinic in time for my 8:30 appointment with Dr. Greenwald.  My regular doctor told me I would like him and he was correct.  Professional, friendly, knowledgeable and no bullshit.  My shoulder is arthritic.  The rotator cuff is not the problem. Shoulder replacement is not the solution.  It is not going to get better (or at least not much) and he gave me a shot which puts the anti-inflammatory medicine right on the bone.  Not a fun shot but I can live with it.  Hopefully the pain will diminish somewhat and I will be able to function better.  It is the driving that I want to be able to do more comfortably.  He mentioned something about learning to use my left hand more and he was correct.  I am already using my left hand and arm in driving more than I was.  I hadn't really thought about it until he mentioned it.


He and I also talked about Roosevelt School where his kids went to school and where I taught for several years. He mentioned friends of mine who had taught there.  He told me where he lived and I knew the place as I have driven by it many many times and taken pictures of his (or rather his wife's) beautiful flowers and landscaping.  It was neat that he would tell me that.  Usually Doctors are more private. He actually suggested I could stop by for coffee.  I 'll bet he'd be surprised as hell if I actually took him up on it. 


Anyway that is where we are now. I am having my hairscut, lunch with my sister and going to the grocery store and then I will probably exercise and take a nap.  

No comments: